We are excited to bring to you Flex2SQL v17 Classic Edition! The release includes the full suite of our database connectivity drivers for Oracle, MS SQL Server PostgreSQL, and MySQL.We are excited to bring to you Flex2SQL v17 Classic Edition! The release includes the full suite of our database connectivity drivers for Oracle, MS SQL Server PostgreSQL, and MySQL. The Classic Edition (CE) will work with DataFlex 2019 and earlier versions, DataFlex for Linux and DataFlex Console Mode. It is important to point out that Classic Edition is a 32-bit implementation and does not include Unicode support.
- One area of significant changes and improvement is in the Mertech.inc file. The changes we have made to Mertech.inc make it more compatible with newer versions of DataFlex (v19 and later).
- If you are using Flex2SQL v17 CE with an older version of DataFlex, everything will work as before, including OEM to ANSI translation.
- All of the LOB commands now have an “_UC” version that is meant to be used with uChar datatypes instead of strings. The syntax of these commands is identical except that they take and return uChar’s instead of strings. This works in version of DataFlex >= 11.0. Note that in DF 2021, you must use the “_UC” version of LOB commands, whereas in prior versions of DataFlex the use of these new commands is optional. We advise using them and removing all “chunking” logic and use of set_argument_size related to LOBs. This reduces the risk of memory leaks/memory corruption and simplifies code.
- Full support for PostgreSQL v13 Support.
- CLI Detection: Mertech.inc will now detect if CLI.pkg has been included which can cause problems with our driver. If this is detected, a compiler error is thrown.
- Removed “legacy” syntax (no more compiler warnings!): There is now very limited need for compiler warning logic as old coding techniques such as the use of EQ, NE, GT, GE, LE have been updated, and limited use of types is only there to support interfacing with versions of DataFlex that can’t use structures.
Please contact Mertech sales or log in to your customer portal to download the latest version and the latest registration code.