Now you know why you need to move to the Cloud, and you know why a Hybrid Cloud strategy is your best starting point.
There a number of ways to begin creating your own Hybrid Cloud applications and infrastructure, and a number of questions to consider when doing so, including:
- Which Cloud infrastructure platform is right for you?
- Which OS and API development tools should you use?
- How will you deploy on mobile? Android or iOS, native or browser-based?
- How will you bill for subscriptions?
- How will you provide secure access to your new APIs?
- How will you handle network and web server configurations?
- What’s your contingency for Cloud blackouts?
- How will you sell your new product globally?
Our product, Thriftly, can help you answer some of these questions. But no matter where you start, remember to think carefully. Moving to the Cloud has its advantages, but it’s also an investment. You’ll want to develop a strategy that works not only in the short-term, but also ten, twenty, or fifty years down the road. The Hybrid Cloud model encourages sustainable development while assuming the industry will continue to transform, a concept your company should always keep in mind.
(Missed the previous parts in the From Desktop Apps to Hybrid Cloud series? View the introduction.